Collective membership of IPSA is open to national and regional associations recognized by the executive committee as being representative of political science in their respective countries or regions. Collective members of IPSA pay an annual subscription fee based on a table of payments approved by the IPSA council.
Voting rights at the IPSA Council, IPSA highest decision body.
- Subscription to International Political Science Review (IPSR) (five per year)
- Subscription to International Political Science Abstracts (six per year).
- Subscription to World Political Science (two per year).
- Subscription to Participation, the IPSA bulletin.
- Free monthly e-newsletter.
- Access the IPSA Portal of Political Science (search engine with website reviews).
- Possibility of organizing panels at IPSA World Congress of Political Science.
Web and other services
- Your members could collaborate and/or work with one of 50 IPSA Research Committees.
- Profile page of your association available on the IPSA website.
- Promote your books and events, and post a call for papers, job openings, awards and much more on the IPSA website and in its e-newsletter.
- Discount on subscriptions to Journal of Power.
- 25% discount on all SAGE Publications titles.
- 20% discount on all Oxford University Press titles in the areas of politics and international relations.
Any application for collective membership should be directed to the IPSA secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org, and must include the following documents:
1. The constitution of the association as a legal entity
2. The list of members of the association and a statement indicating that they represent the majority of political scientists in the country or region
3. Information about the activities of the association, including academic meetings and publication
4. A statement of the financial resources of the association
5. An outline of the future academic plans of the association
6. A list of members of the executive committee together with their institutional affiliations.
They shall normally be only one collective member from a country. If, in any country, two or more eligible groups are candidates for collective membership the executive committee may, as its discretion, seek the establishment of a joint committee to which collective membership may be granted, or it may admit one or more of the groups collective members.
Regional associations will normally be admitted to collective membership only in cases where there are no national associations within the region that are collective members of IPSA, but the executive committee may make exceptions to this.
Download the membership form (pdf, 155 kb) to submit a candidacy for collective membership