About International Political Science Abstracts
International Political Science Abstracts is published bimonthly by IPSA, with the support of the Fondation Nationale des Sciences Politiques in Paris. Created in 1951, the Abstracts is a truly global resource, providing non-evaluative abstracts of articles published in scholarly journals from every region of the world. It is an essential roadmap to literature in political science, political sociology, political psychology, international relations, international law, human rights, conflict studies, ethnic studies and other related fields.
Since 2007, International Political Science Abstracts has been published by SAGE Publications.
The journal is divided in eight chapters (see Structure below), with a List of periodicals and a Subject Index, and an annual Authors’ list.
See the SAGE Publications Website for more information regarding the content of the last issue.
Inside the Abstracts
- Periodicals covered (as of September 2018 - pdf)
- Samples of Abstracts (pdf)
- Sample of Subject Index (pdf)
- Sample of annual Author Index (pdf)
Whenever possible, the editors use abstracts provided by the journals (they are followed by [R]) or written by the authors in response to their requests (followed by [A]).
- Scholarly studies are chosen preferably to informative articles; only exceptionally are unsigned contributions, official texts and popular articles indicated;
- The major journals in the field are covered in full (for articles and substantial research notes); less important journals, journals in related disciplines and general interest periodicals are covered selectively;
- Translations and re-publications of articles already abstracted are mentioned only exceptionally;
- The editors seek to avoid abstracting redundant articles;
- Studies produced in countries where political science is not well developed, or about countries on which information is scarce, are treated less selectively.
Each issue contains a Subject Index (in English), cumulative for all previous issues of the same annual volume. The final issue of each annual volume contains also an Author index.
In each issue, articles are classified in the following chapters:
- Political science: method and theory (sample, pdf, 87 kb)
- Political thinkers and ideas (sample, pdf, 89 kb)
- Governmental and administrative institutions (sample, pdf, 99 kb)
- Political process: public opinion, attitudes, parties, forces, groups et elections (sample, pdf, 85 kb)
- International relations (sample, pdf, 86 kb)
- National and area studies (sample, pdf, 88 kb)
- Book Reviews (sample, pdf, 94 kb)
- Edited Volumes (sample, pdf, 84 kb)
- NON-MEMBERS OF IPSA
Please visit the SAGE Publications Website
- MEMBERS OF IPSA
Institutional members can profit from a 50% discount for the print subscription: US$ 619 only (instead of US$ 1238).
Individual members have free online access included in their membership and can take advantage of a 50% discount for the print subscription: US$ 108 only (instead of US$ 216).
To become a member of IPSA, refer to the Membership section.
Inquiries about back volumes should be directed to the editorial office in Paris:
International Political Science Abstracts
27 rue St-Guillaume
75337 Paris CEDEX 07
Inquiries about periodicals abstracted are answered by the Editorial Office by return mail.
The International Political Science Abstracts Database contains nearly 400,000 abstracts at the end of 2017 and adds some 8,000 each year. It is published online by EBSCO with data since inception (1951), and by Ovid Technologies with data since 1989. Both publishers grant a 50 percent discount to subscribers in developing countries and Eastern Europe.