Faculty Fellowship: The Summer Institute for Israel Studies
Deadline: Fri, 31 Jan 2020
Apply now for this competitive fellowship. Created to address the need for serious and nuanced study of Israel in the academy, the Summer Institute for Israel Studies is a rigorous program that equips faculty members to develop and teach courses about modern Israel in any discipline. Stipend of up to $2,500, plus group travel, accommodations and most meals provided.
- ENGAGE with world-class faculty from Israel and the U.S. in a two-week multidisciplinary Brandeis seminar.
- MEET with leading personalities in public life, the academy and the arts on a 10-day Israel study tour.
- EXPLORE the complexity of Israeli society, politics and culture.
- DEVELOP or revise a syllabus to teach at your home institution.
- JOIN a network of over 335 alumni- teaching at over 200 institutions- supported by a wealth of pedagogical resources and ongoing professional development.
Faculty teaching outside of Israel are eligible for the program.
Apply online by January 31, 2020. Learn more at www.brandeis.edu/israel-center/siis/index.html
If this opportunity is not a fit for you, we invite you to nominate a colleague and to share the fellowship information with faculty members who might benefit from the program.
Full and partial fellowships supporting doctoral students whose research focuses on Israel. Candidates must be accepted into Brandeis University graduate school programs of Anthropology, History, Literature, Middle East Studies, Near Eastern & Judaic Studies, Politics or Sociology. Competitive living stipend with generous health care benefits. Renewable for up to five years. Deadlines vary by department. Learn more at www.brandeis.edu/israel-center/resources/grants-fellowships/graduate-students.html