3rd IPSA-FLACSO Mexico Summer School on Concepts, Methods and Techniques in Political Science
Publication date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018
The third edition of the IPSA-FLACSO Mexico Summer School on Concepts, Methods and Techniques in Political Science will be held at Flacso Mexico in Mexico City from June 4 to 15, 2018.
The school offers high-quality advanced training in qualitative and quantitative social science methods under highly experienced international faculty from the U.S. and Europe, and participants also receive rigorous training in state-of-the-art research methods.
Over a two-week period, the 2018 IPSA-Flacso Mexico Summer School will give scholars and graduate students in Mexico and other Latin American countries a unique opportunity to expand their knowledge of social science research methods, discuss research interests, network, and attend an evening lecture series. The lecture series will see each of the instructors present their research, with a prominent Mexican academic leading the discussions on the substantive and methodological implications thereof.
This year’s syllabus:
- Modern Regression Analysis – Professors Guy Whitten and Laron K. Williams
- Quantitative Methods for Public Policy Analysis – Professor Bruno Cautrès
- Experimental Methods – Professor Kathleen Searles
- Comparative Research Design – Professor Dirk Berg-Schlosser
- Policy Analysis – Professor Stéphane Paquin
- Data Science/Social Media Analysis – Professors Iñaki Sagarzazu and Ernesto Calvo
- Survey Analysis – Professor Soledad Artiz Prillaman
- Mixed Methods – Professor Werner J. Patzelt
This year’s edition of Flacso Mexico will offer six short courses as an introduction for the IPSA-FLACSO Mexico Summer School:
- Introduction to R
- Introduction to Stata
- Data Visualization
- Survey Analysis and Sampling
- Basic Math for Social Sciences
- Introduction to Data Management/Social Media Analysis
The deadline for registrations and payment is May 4th.
Contact information: email@example.com
For more information: http://ipsa.flacso.edu.mx/