The 2022 PPSA-IPSA Research Committees International Web Conference: Peace Building and Conflict Transformation amid COVID-19 Pandemic
Mon, 06 Jun 2022 - Wed, 08 Jun 2022
Organized by: Philippine Political Science Association, IPSA RC44 and RC35
The Peace Building and Conflict Transformation amid COVID-19 Pandemic Conference will be held online on 6-8 June 2022. It is organized by the International Political Science Association, Research Committee on Security, Conflict and Democratization together with the Philippine Political Science Association, and in collaboration with IPSA Research Committee on Technology and Development and other IPSA committees.
The upsurge of conflicts in Myanmar and the swift Taliban regime reassertion of control in Afghanistan point to distressing challenges of maintaining peace and sustaining peace dividends on a global scale. In the Philippines, peace efforts vis-à-vis the communists suffered a setback with the enactment of the anti-Terror Law, even while the implementation of mechanisms under the peace agreement with the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) were placed on the sidelines by the urgency of COVID-19 pandemic response. These challenges make us rethink what tenets truly constitute political order, and to reconsider hybrid arrangements for peace. There is a need to de-couple peace with the interests of the state and move beyond formal conclusions to conflict (i.e. peace agreements) to address structural bases of violence.
The 2022 PPSA International Conference seeks papers that explore peace building and conflict transformation amid the COVID-19 pandemic, current developments and challenges of the peace process in the Philippines, comparative elements of peace negotiations around the world, the possibility for transitional justice, gender dimensions of pandemic peace and security, and strategies to address armed conflict and violence. Papers that examine actors processes, and institutions that advance liberal peace and seeks to advance critical conversations and theoretical imports are welcome.
- Communist Insurgency and peace Process in the Philippines
- Conflict Transformation and Peacebuilding in the Bangsamoro Region
- Conflict Management, Resolution and Transformation in Foreign Settings
- Advancing Peace during Pandemic
- Protection of Civilians in Conflict and Pandemic Emergencies
- Responsibility to Protect and Human Rights during Conflict
- Atrocity Prevention
- Transitional Justice
- Humanitarian Assistance
- ASEAN and Peacebuilding
- Foreign and International Organization Participation in Peacebuilding and Peacekeeping
- Women, Peace and Security
- Civil-Military Relations in Peacekeeping and Peace Operations
- Peaceful Political Transition in Post-Election Philippines
- The Role of Non-State Actors (NGO, Academe, Religious Institutions, Business) in Peacebuilding
- Peace Building and State Building
- Hybrid Peacebuilding Theory and Methodology
- Risks of China and Newly Emerging Powers
- Geopolitics in World Regions
- Climate Security
Abstract Submission Form
The abstract submission form can be accessed HERE.
- IPSA RC44 and RC35 Member Conference Fee: 60 USD
- PPSA members have to participate through the PPSA conference website.
- IPSA RC44 and RC35 members will be exempted from the PPSA membership fees.
- Only PPSA or IPSA members who paid the conference fee can present.
- Payment Method: Paypal only for IPSA RC members. Further information will be specified at the time of the conference registration.
- Deadline for Abstracts: 31 December 2021
- Release of Results: 1 February 2022
- Registration Deadline: 15 March 2022
- Paper Submission for Accepted Proposals: 31 May 2022
In case you need further assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.