Pre-Doctoral Lecturer at Goethe-University Frankfurt

Pre-Doctoral Lecturer at Goethe-University Frankfurt

Goethe-University Frankfurt

Frankfurt, Germany

Deadline: Thu, 30 Apr 2020


View Full Job Description

Job Description

The Department of Social Sciences at Goethe-University Frankfurt, Germany (Chair of Comparative Politics: Prof. Dr. Thomas Zittel) invites applications for a fixed term position - available on 1st October 2020 for a

Pre-Doctoral Lecturer (all gender welcome)
(E13 TV-G-U, 50%-part-time)

The position is limited to three years and renewable for additional two years. The salary grade is based on the job characteristics of the collective agreement (TV-G-U) applicable to the Goethe University.

Employment conditions:
The position is part-time (50%) and aims at applicants who wish to pursue a Ph.D. It allows for 60 % of the working time to be spent on research, while the remaining 40% is devoted to teaching and smaller administrative tasks. It offers temporary employment for 3 years but can be extended for another 2 years. The holder of the position is expected to contribute to research and teaching in the area of comparative politics, preferably in the subfields of political representation. The holder of the position is expected to collaborate in a team at the Chair of Comparative Politics.

To be eligible for employment, the applicant is expected to have finished a scientific Master`s degree program in Political Science with excellent results. Applicants are expected to be highly proficient in
oral and written English. Proficiency in German is welcome and needs to be developed over the course of employment. In the selection of qualified candidates, particular attention will be paid to the
applicants’ potential to conduct theory driven and structured research in the area of comparative politics.

Weight will be accorded to methodological skills that have been successfully applied in prior work. Considerable weight will also be accorded to the applicants’ ability to work in groups and interact with

How to apply:
The application should contain a CV, a short motivation letter, a list of publications if applicable and a copy of the MA certificate. Please send your application in electronic form to the Dean of the Department of Social Sciences at Goethe-University Frankfurt, e-mail: by 30 April 2020.

Please state the reference number 05/2020 in your application. If you wish to further inquire about the position, please contact Prof. Dr. Thomas Zittel: zittel@soz.uni-frankfurt