The Department of Political Science of the Faculty of Social Sciences at the University of Antwerp is seeking to fill a vacancy for a full-time (100%)
4-year doctoral grant OR a 2-year post-doctoral contract in the area of European Union trade policy
- You prepare a doctoral thesis / conduct postdoc research in the field of Political Science.
- You (co-)publish scientific articles related to the research project of the assignment.
- You contribute to research in the Research Group International Politics and to teaching in the Department of Political Science.
Profile and requirements
- You hold a master degree OR a doctorate in Political Science or a related social and political science discipline.
- You can submit outstanding academic results.
- Students in the final year of their degree can also apply.
- Foreign and especially female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- You master qualitative and quantitative social science research methods.
- You are proficiently fluent in English – in writing as well as orally.
- a doctoral scholarship for a period of two years, with the possibility of renewal for a further two-year period after positive evaluation; OR a postdoctoral grant for 2 years, funded by the Research Foundation Flanders FWO;
- the start date of the scholarship will be March 1st at the earliest and October 1st 2020 at the latest;
- a gross monthly doctoral grant ranging from € 2.447,20 to € 2.596,27; OR a post-doctoral contract ranging from € 4.134,93 € to € 6.446,00;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
How to apply?
- Applications may only be submitted online, until the closing date February 14th 2020 and should include (1) a copy of your Curriculum Vitae, (2) a cover letter with your motivation, a 3 page research proposal of how you would approach the research project (see link to pdf above), and (4) one or two letter(s) of recommendation.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications. The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
- The interviews of the candidates, preselected by a selection panel, will take place in the week of 24-28 February 2020.
- More information about the online application form can be obtained from email@example.com.
- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact Prof. Dr. Dirk De Bièvre, +32 473 187 386, firstname.lastname@example.org, Prof. Dr. Arlo Poletti at the University of Trento, Italy, email@example.com, or Scott Hamilton, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research.