The IPSA Research Committee (RC18) on Asian and Pacific Studies and Research Committee (RC38) on Politics and Business are jointly organizing a virtual conference on business and development in Asia and the Pacific on 17-18 October 2022. The event aims to address a varied range of topics related to the role of corporations in the development of local communities. The overarching questions guiding this conference are:
- How does business in different industries impact the end beneficiaries of development processes (such as labor, local communities, broader population, local consumers, and environment);
- How do different governments regulate these business mechanisms?
By asking these complex questions we try to highlight the multi-sided nature of business, its success, and failure in facilitating development processes, as well as how different governments facilitate it or manage to regulate mechanisms for the benefit of their populations. We would like to invite researchers, experts, and practitioners from different industries to discuss issues related to such as (but not limited to):
- Business, Economy & Labour
- Technology & Infrastructure
- Culture & Entertainment
- Proposals may be submitted through the registration form.
- You must send the title of the paper and its abstract (300-500 words) with the theme, goals, and methodology.
- Abstract submission: 20 August 2022 - Click here to submit an abstract
- Notification of accepted abstracts: 6 September 2022
- Registration: 10 August to 10 October 2022
- Full paper submission: Closes 1 October 2022
- Online Conference: 17-18 October 2022
If you have any questions, please contact: email@example.com