Job Offer Information
The Center for Survey Research at Academia Sinica invites applications for a tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Research Scientist or above.
Responsibilities: Applying data analytics to facilitate research in these two areas: (1) exploring how public opinions form, flow and transform on the Internet; (2) exploring insights about society by delving into big data sets.
Qualification: Applicants must have a doctoral degree (or expect to complete their doctorate by June 30, 2019) or a master’s degree with two or more years of experience in social sciences, data science, statistics, or related fields. Applicants with interest and experience in survey research are preferable. Applicants are required to help Research Fellows with data mining and analysis in big data and to provide added value on research projects. Non-Taiwanese applicants must be able to communicate in Mandarin fluently both verbally and in writing.
For detailed requirements, please see Article 2 of the Guidelines for the Employment Review of Research Scientist of Academia Sinica (http://hro.sinica.edu.tw/law/2-2(en).pdf).
To succeed in this role, applicants should have a background in delivering high-impact research and have experience in project management (including writing project reports and carrying out literature reviews). Applicants should also have knowledge of emerging digital technologies such as text mining, data mining, big data analytics, and data visualization, and have familiarity with quantitative and qualitative data analysis techniques using R, Python, SPSS, Stata, SAS, etc.
Interested applicants should send the following items by June 30, 2019:
Curriculum vitae (in English or Chinese). Applicants should indicate the rank they are applying for, and provide detailed descriptions of their experience and publications related to survey research.
- Statement of research interests and experience. This should include a detailed description of academic achievements, and a proposal for future research plans.
- Copy of doctoral or master’s degree certificate, or oral defense document for a doctorate degree.
- Copy of transcripts for the highest degree.
- Copies of representative publications. These should include a thesis for the highest degree and/or research papers. If the original of these is in another language, an abstract in Chinese or English is required, with a length no less than 3,000 words.
- 3 copies for each item listed above]
Three letters of recommendation (mailed directly to the Center's Executive Director, Professor Chingching Chang).
The above items should be sent to:
Dr. Chingching Chang
Center for Survey Research
Research Center for Humanities and Social Sciences, Academia Sinica
128, Academia Road, Section 2
Nankang, Taipei Taiwan 115