Job Offer Information
The Geschwister Scholl Institute of Political Science at the LMU Munich, Chair of Empirical Theories of Politics (Prof. Dr. Christoph Knill) invites applications for a
Postdoc Position in Political Science / Public Administration (m/w/d)
The central responsibilities linked to this position include research and teaching in the fields of comparative public policy and/or public administration.
- Completed, very good doctoral degree in political science, preferably with a focus on comparative politics, public policy, comparative public administration or international public administration.
- Excellent research and publication record.
- Solid knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies.
- Fluency in English and excellent writing skills, fluency in German is an advantage, but no essential requirement.
- Reliability, creativity and passion about scientific work.
- Employment for a time period of 3 years (TV-L E 13, 100%), with possibility of an extension for another 3 years. The successful candidate will start the position on 1 October 2019 (or earlier).
- Research cooperation in a highly dynamic and productive team.
- An inspiring research environment at an excellent university.
Your workplace will be centrally located in Munich and can be easily reached by public transport. LMU Munich is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity, and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply. Applicants with disabilities who possess essentially equal qualifications will be given preference.
Please email your application including a letter of motivation, a CV, list copies of your degrees, and a writing sample (e.g. published paper) in one PDF document to email@example.com by 15 May 2019.
If you have any questions, please contact Prof. Dr. Christoph Knill: firstname.lastname@example.org