Job Offer Information
ETH Zurich is one of the world's leading universities. It is renowned for its excellent education, its cutting-edge research and its efforts to put new knowledge and innovations directly into practice
The newly established research team in “Spatial Development and Urban Policy” is developing a research agenda that examines economic, social and political implications of densification/upzoning policies by making use of quasi-experimental research designs. Densification policies are at the core of the current revisions of the Swiss Federal Act on Spatial Planning, but its effects are understudied.
We offer a Ph.D. position (conditional on approval of the PhD proposal by the end of the first year) in a highly dynamic team and a stimulating intellectual environment. The position is funded for 3-4 years (which is the average time for completing a doctoral degree at ETH Zurich).
1) Completed Master degree in urban planning/spatial planning, political science, public policy/public administration, geography, economics or related disciplines;
2) Interest in spatial planning, urban studies, and policy analysis;
3) Good knowledge of quantitative methods as well as an interest in further developing methodological skills;
4) Ability to work both independently and in a team;
5) Motivation to pursue an academic career;
6) Good command of written and spoken English, command of German is an asset (the empirical work will be largely in German, publication output will be in English).
Please note that we exclusively accept applications submitted via the following link: https://emea2.softfactors.com/job-opening/rgum-qUuSat8a8V8MVMzLLb#/?lang=en.
Applications via email or postal services will not be considered. Applications should include your letter of interest, CV, academic transcripts, a writing sample (e.g. Master thesis or seminar paper), and the contact details of two people willing to serve as a reference.
Selection will start immediately and continue until the position is filled. The starting date for the position is as soon as possible.
We look forward to receiving your online application until September 1, 2019. Further inquiries can be directed to Mr. Marko Jovanovic at email@example.com (no applications).