Job Offer Information
The University of York wishes to appoint two new Lecturers in the Department of Politics. The new appointments will undertake research of the highest international standards in their specialist field, and make a major positive contribution to the research standing and culture of the Department. They will also play a full part in course design, teaching, research supervision, and administration in the Department. The Department is looking to appoint outstanding candidates with a proven track record of teaching and research expertise in one or more of the following areas: political economy; African politics; UK politics; US politics; quantitative approaches to political science/international relations. The posts are available from 1 September 2019, and are on an open contract. We particularly welcome applications from women and candidates from a black and minority ethnic background.
Main purpose of the role
- To develop and publish research of the highest quality and apply for research grant income
- To design teaching material and deliver either across a range of modules or within a subject area
- To deliver presentations at conferences or exhibit work at other appropriate events internally and externally
- To supervise the work of others, for example in research teams or projects or as an MA, PhD or postdoctoral supervisor
- To undertake roles in relation to the administration of the department
- PhD in a relevant subject or equivalent experience
- Appropriate academic professional and teaching qualifications or a willingness to complete the Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice
- Specialist knowledge in subject area
- Knowledge of a range of research techniques and methodologies
- Knowledge of a range of teaching techniques to enthuse and engage students
- Has research expertise in an area that will complement and enhance the department's research strategy and goals
Potential applicants may direct enquiries to Professor Neil Carter (firstname.lastname@example.org), Head of Department.