Job Offer Information
he chair group of Political Science at the Nijmegen School of Management (Radboud University) is looking for a new Assistant Professor of Comparative Politics (tenure track) to help further expand our research profile in comparative politics. You will contribute to the continuous high quality of education in the Bachelor’s and Master’s programmes in political science, in particular in the field of comparative political science, and you should have teaching experience in comparative politics and quantitative and qualitative research methods.
Together with the Chair and colleagues in comparative politics, you will also contribute to the development of a new research institute for the study of democracy and representative government. Further, you will participate in applications for external research funding as well as develop your own research projects.
Experience with dissemination of research results through contacts with practitioners, policy makers and/or media is appreciated.
This is a tenure-track position, convertible into a tenured position depending on the evaluation of your performance after three years.
- a PhD degree in Political Science or a related field;
- high-quality research output, evidenced by a publication record in internationally recognised high-quality journals;
- the ambition and/or demonstrated ability to attract research funding;
- ample teaching experience, proven effective teaching skills, the capacity to develop and implement innovative teaching methods, and proven ability to supervise the development and implementation of academic study programmes. A Dutch university teaching qualification (BKO or UKO) or equivalent would be an advantage. Experience with teaching courses in comparative politics including qualitative and quantitative methods of political research is desirable;
- proven ability to inspire and supervise young scholars (MA students and PhD candidates);
- proven ability to cooperate in a team environment;
- international experience and network;
- excellent English language skills and a willingness to learn Dutch (if applicable).
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- employment: 0.8 - 1.0 FTE
- a maximum gross monthly salary of € 4,978 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale 11)
- in addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- term of contract: tenure-track, four years
- University job profile: Assistant Professor, Level 2
- Radboud University offers a dynamic position in an attractive work environment and has excellent conditions of employment, including an attractive retirement scheme and (partly paid) maternity leave
- under special circumstances, applicants from abroad moving to the Netherlands may qualify for a special tax relief, by which 30% of their salary is tax free
- you will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service where our Dual Career Officer will assist with family related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation
Prof. dr. C. van Ham, Professor of Empirical Political Science