As part of our 5-year anniversary celebration, the Centre of Excellence against Hunger, in partnership with the University Centre of Brasília, are pleased to announce the launch of the Research Papers Contest ”Sustainable Food and Nutrition Security: Building Bridges between Durable Agricultural Practices and School Feeding Programmes”.
The contest is open to students enrolled in graduate programmes in any part of the world, as well as professors and graduated researchers in International Law, International Relations, Political Science, Social Sciences or related fields. The three top winners will take part in international study trips organized by the WFP Centre of Excellence. Articles must be submitted in English. The deadline for submission is 07 February 2017.
The contest will award scientific research articles on sustainable food and nutrition security that show the bridges between durable agricultural practices and school feeding. The contest will select the best papers in two distinct categories:
The three top research papers will be selected for the main prizes, delivered throughout 2017:
- 1st place: participate in an international study mission with Centre of Excellence’s team;
- 2nd place: accompany the Centre of Excellence’s team in a study mission in Brazil;
- 3rd place: join the Centre of Excellence’s team in a study mission in Brasília.
The best five papers (including the top three) will be selected for the additional prize:
- Articles published in 2017 as complete research papers in the Brazilian Journal of International Law, a leading scientific magazine in Brazil.
Accordingly, the Centre of Excellence expects the winners to:
- Be able to travel to the chosen destination chosen by the Centre in 2017;
- Possess a valid passport for the duration of the visit and six months beyond the period of the trip;
- Be able to apply for and obtain a visa, if necessary;
- Obtain at her/his own cost a health insurance valid in the destination country.
Chosen research papers are to be announced in April 2017.
Manuscripts must be submitted in English. The Brazilian Journal of International Law and the Centre reserve the right to reject articles if the language level is insufficient.
Authors must hold or must be enrolled in Master’s, PhD or Postdoctoral course, and/or have a strong professional/academic background in International Law, International Relations,
Political Science, Social Sciences or related field at the time of submission. The editors will reject manuscripts before review if they are not suitable for the journal; for example, because of low adherence to The Brazilian Journal of International Law editorial policy and scope, inadequate or imprecise analytical development, inconsistent formatting or non-compliance with our submission guidelines, and poor writing style (this list is not exhaustive).
WE ACCEPT SINGLE AUTHOR PAPERS ONLY
- The deadline for submission is 07 February 2017.
- Participants must submit 1) One manuscript in .doc or .docx format; and 2) one signed and fulfilled application form attached to this call