Call for IPSA President-Elect
Publication date: Tue, 07 Jun 2022
In accordance with its Rules and Procedures, the International Political Science Association (IPSA) invites applications for the position of President-Elect. If elected, the candidate will serve a two-year mandate as President-Elect from 2023 to 2025 and as President from 2025 to 2027. For the detailed description of IPSA President’s role and responsibilities, please refer to Article 17 of the IPSA Constitution.
All persons who have served or are currently serving on the IPSA Executive Committee as elected members, excluding those who have already served as IPSA President, may apply.
The application shall include the following:
- A written and signed statement confirming that the signatory, as a former or current member of the IPSA Executive Committee, is applying to become a nominee for President of IPSA;
- A letter of support from his/her national or regional association for his/her candidacy;
- A biography reflecting their academic and leadership experience;
- A complete and detailed CV;
- A brief statement on what objectives the candidate would pursue if elected;
- At least two written endorsements from current members of the Executive Committee supporting the candidacy of the applicant;
- Any other document that the Presidential Search Committee may ask for or the applicant may deem relevant to submit.
All of the above must be submitted in electronic form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline to submit the application is September 9, 2022.
The applications will be evaluated by the Presidential Search Committee consisting of IPSA’s President, President-Elect, Past President and two current elected members of the Executive Committee. The
committee shall submit a report to the Executive Committee at its second meeting in 2022. Based on the report, the Executive Committee shall recommend one of the applicants for the position of IPSA President-Elect to the IPSA Council. The Council, which will meet in July 2023 at the IPSA World Congress of Political Science, will elect the IPSA President-Elect.