IPSA runs annual summer schools in Social Science Methods in Sao Paolo, Mexico City, Singapore, St Petersburg, and Capri, and plans to launch new Summer Schools in Antalya, Stellenbosch, and Tunis.
All presently running Summer Schools are in English. Although each summer school is facilitated by a local organizer, some coordination, assistance, and oversight is provided by IPSA’s Summer School Coordinator Werner J. Patzelt (Technical University Dresden).
Bruno Cautrès (SciencePo, Paris) is currently the only assistant member of the IPSA Summer School Team. Due to the proliferation of IPSA Summer Schools, the Executive Committee has decided to attach an additional assistant to the Summer School Coordinator (SSC).
Therefore we open a call for applications as Assistant to the Coordinator Summer School Team. The requirements for this task comprise the following ones:
- teaching and research experiences in social science methods
- experience with teaching at English-language methods summer schools, preferably at IPSA summer schools
- knowledge of the English speaking scene of experts on qualitative and quantitative methods
- time to get acquainted with current IPSA summer schools by teaching there - fluent English, as IPSA’s standard language of communication
- desirable: fluent Spanish, in order to establish networks with Spanish speaking experts on methods (and in addition to those with French speaking experts on methods, maintained by Bruno Cautrès).
There is no remuneration for this position. Assistants to the SSC are not required to attend the regular EC meetings.
Those interested should send a letter of intent along with a CV and a list of relevant publications to the CRT Chair, Simona Piattoni (firstname.lastname@example.org), and in cc: to the SSC Coordinator Werner Patzelt (email@example.com) by January 14, 2019.
Special attention will be given to female applicants.
The appointment is intended for a period of two years renewable.