Job Offer Information
The Swiss Center for affective sciences and the Department of political science and international relations (Geneva School of Social Sciences) at the University of Geneva, Switzerland, is advertising one or two Senior Research and Teaching Assistant (post-doc) positions (70-100%) in Emotions and conflict resolution.
The successful candidate(s) will offer courses in the Bachelor in political science and the Bachelor in international relations, as well as at the Master?s level, including the supervision and grading of exams:
- Bachelor Course (semester-long) on emotions, individual behavior and collective action and/or emotions in international relations
- Master course (semester long) on theme linked to emotions and conflict resolution
The successful candidate(s) will also:
- supervise and coordinate final term papers at the Bachelor level and supervise MA theses
- offer teaching modules in the doctoral programs in affective sciences and/or political science
- develop research projects in the area of the position (emotions and conflict resolution) and produce scientific publications.
The successful candidate(s) will be affiliated with the Swiss Center for affective sciences and the Department of political science and international relations. Both the Center and the Department offer a research-active environment and access to a research infrastructure to carry out experimental work and other methodologically innovative studies.
- PhD in psychology, political science, international relations, economics, sociology or related fields.
- Competence and demonstrated interest in the specific field of emotions and conflict resolution.
- Proficiency in English, a good knowledge of French is a definite asset.
Start Date: August 1st, 2019 (or mutually agreed date)
Conditions of employment
The appointment is for an initial contract of three years once renewable for a period to be determined. The first three months of employment are a probation period during which employer and employee may rescind the contract with notice one month ahead of the termination of the contract for the end of a month.
Applicants must provide: a motivation letter, a detailed CV, a copy of their PhD degree, a 3-5 page long description of a research project in the area of emotions and conflict resolution, and two references. Candidates must deposit their application by the indicated deadline (June 6th, 2019, 23h59 Geneva time) exclusively online via the website https://jobs.unige.ch/www/wd_portal.show_job?p_web_site_id=1&p_web_page_id=40601