Job Offer Information
In the context of the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF) project Gauging Global Governance: The Effectiveness of Transnational Public-Private Governance Initiatives and Intergovernmental Organizations, the Department of Political Science at the University of St. Gallen invites applications for two Ph.D. positions.
The SNSF project examines the effectiveness of transnational public-private governance initiatives in comparison with the effectiveness of intergovernmental organizations. The project will use a multi-method research design to investigate why some transnational public-private governance initiatives (TGIs) perform well while others do poorly, and whether the pathways to good performance differ across and between TGIs and intergovernmental organizations. For further information on the project, please see http://oliverwesterwinter.com/research/Gauging-Global-Governance/.
- Development and conduct of own PhD project in the framework of the overall SNSF project
- Participation in one of the PhD programs of the University of St. Gallen
- Master's degree in political science or a related discipline
- Interest in international organizations and global governance
- Motivation to pursue academic career and interest in theory-driven empirical research
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Experience with the creation of large-n datasets
- Fluent in English
The starting date for this position is October 1, 2019 (or upon agreement). Funding is available for up to 36 months, with a gross annual salary starting from approximately 47,000 CHF (following SNSF regulations for PhD positions).
The researcher will be integrated in an international research team.
Applicants should send their full application in English, including cover letter, CV, outline of PhD project, one writing sample, copies of relevant certificates, and the contact details of two academic references, to Oliver Westerwinter (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than June 30, 2019.
For further inquiry, please send an email to Oliver Westerwinter.