The Institute for Political Science at the Corvinus University of Budapest (CUB) cordially invites researchers and experts of ECE politics to participate in the 2nd “Understanding East Central European Politics” conference.
The conference will be held at CUB in Budapest on 17 May, 2019. Our aim is to give the participants the opportunity to present and discuss their latest research findings on the contemporary political issues of ECE. By attracting specialists of the region, we offer a platform for exchanging views on recent political developments in ECE, comparing national experiences, and enhancing cooperation among local academics.
The key note lecture will be delivered by Professor Aleks Szczerbiak (University of Sussex).
- Papers are welcome in the following topics:
- Electoral Systems, National and EP Elections in ECE Countries
- Parties and Changes in the Party Systems of ECE Countries
- Political Institutions and Political Systems in ECE Countries
- Governance, Public Policies, and Public Administration in ECE Countries
- Local Politics and Self-governance in ECE Countries
- Political Mobilization and Civil Society in ECE countries
- Politics and Media in ECE Countries
- Sovereignty and National Security of ECE Countries
- Cooperation among ECE Countries
- EU–ECE Relations
Papers will be selected for presentations which will take place in thematic panels. Applications for organising and chairing the panels are open for you. The best papers – chosen by an international advisory board – will be published electronically in Political Science Online, an electronic journal edited by the Institute for Political Science at CUB. The participation fee is EUR 100. Young experts, under the age of 30, can participate for a reduced fee of EUR 65. The fee covers lunch, coffee break catering and a farewell drink during the conference.
Abstracts, papers, and inquiries are expected to be sent to email@example.com
THE PLANNED SCHEDULE
17 May 2019 (Friday)
8:00 a.m. – 8:45 a.m. Registration
8:45 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. Opening, welcome address and keynote lecture
9:30 a.m. – 9:45 a.m. Coffee break
9:45 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. 1st session (parallel panels)
11:15 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Coffee break
11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. 2nd session (parallel panels)
1:00 p.m. – 2:45 p.m. Lunch break
2:45 p.m. – 4:15 p.m. 3rd session (parallel panels)
4:15 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Coffee break
4:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. 4th session (parallel panels)
6:00 p.m. – 6:15 p.m. Farewell drink and conference closing