The Catalunya Europa Foundation, in collaboration with the Banc Sabadell Foundation, announces the call for the “Europe XXIst century Award” with the aim to promote the research on the future of Europe and its governability.
The “Europe XXIst century Award” recognizes those projects that have an original analytical approach and that include compared and applied research. The research must aim to better knowing and understanding the future of Europe
and its governability in a globalized and interdependent world and suggest means of improvement and transformation
“The Europe XXIst century Award” targets European-related research. Special consideration, although not exclusive, will be given to papers focused on the followingthemes:
• Professional training and employment
• Environmental sustainability
• Science and Technology
• The Social, Political and Economic Europe
• The award is addressed to contestants up to 45 years old by the 31st of December 2018.
• The applicants must hold the nationality of a EU member state or a residence permit in the EU.
• The research papers can be doctoral and master thesis and other research not awarded outside the academic field.
• The papers can be an individual or a collective work.
• The papers must include empirical evidence and innovative proposals.
• The papers can be submitted in Catalan, Spanish or English.
• The length of the research paper must be in between 75.000 and 100.000 characters (including spaces).
SUBMISSION OF THE RESEARCH PAPER
The deadline for submissions is Thursday 28th of February 2019. The papers must be identified with a title.
Required documents to submit:
• A bound copy and an online copy of the paper. Both copies must be anonymous.
• A 600 word (approx.) executive summary to justify the suitability and impact of the project.
• The papers must be handed in a closed envelop with the title of the project, personal details and CV.
• The documents must be submitted at Fundació Catalunya Europa, Plaça Trilla, 4, baixos 2a. 08012 Barcelona from 9:00h to 16:00h (in person or by mail).
FORMAT AND STYLE
Document format Word, Times New Roman 12 or Arial 11; line spacing 1.5, in the case that there are graphics and figures they must be submitted in format .jpg or Excel and correlatively numerated in each chapter; complete references at the end of the text and mentioned in the body of the text with the surname, year and page of reference, if necessary.
SELECTION PROCESS AND NOTIFICATION
A jury selected by the executive commission of the foundation will be in change of the award resolution. Furthermore, there will be a representative of the foundation working as a
secretary.The award can be declared empty (null) if the quality of the research papers presented is not adequate. The finalists will be announced before the 30th of April 2019.
PRICE WORTH and DIFFUSION
The award is worth 10.000 €. The payment of the 10.000 € will be effective by bank transfer from the public award of the prize and after the signature by the author of the corresponding contract according to the law. The applicable taxes will be deducted from the amount granted. The awarded research paper will be published in the digital collections of For further information, please contact: email@example.com
(+34) 93 238 89 32 the foundation. Before its publication, there may be minor changes’ that will be discussed with the author. The paper will be presented publicly.
TREATMENT OF PERSONAL DATA ANDINTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
Receiving the award entails that the author provides exclusively and during the period of validity of the intellectual property rights to the Catalunya Europa Foundation, all the rights of exploitation of the study, for all the forms of edition in any format or support including the translation into any language.
The Catalunya Europa Foundation will be able to subscribe to agreements, if necessary, to facilitate the optimal exploitation of all sorts, or alternatively execute the aforementioned
exploitation on its own. Obtaining the award is incompatible with any other economic aid provided by any other institution to carry out the same study. There will be no cessation of rights with the non-awarded papers.
The personal data provided by the applicants and collected in the documents required by this guideline will be included in the database of the Catalunya Europa Foundation with the objective to be treated for the purposes they were requested. The applicants may exercise under the terms established in the Organic Law on Data Protection, the rights of access, ratification, cancellation and opposition of their personal data, free of charge, directing a written communication to firstname.lastname@example.org