The 4th IPSA-HSE Summer School for Methods of Political and Social Research
Publication date: Mon, 26 Apr 2021
The Department of Political Science and International Relations, HSE St. Petersburg, in association with the Laboratory for Comparative Social Research and IPSA, will present the fourth IPSA-HSE Summer School for Methods of Political & Social Research, from 9-22 August 2021. This year’s program will be presented virtually.
The IPSA-HSE School is open to all undergraduate and graduate students and to faculty members and other professionals. The School is sure to be of interest to anyone involved in research activities in social sciences, politics, international relations, public administration, and related areas.
The application deadline is 31 May 2021.
What is IPSA-HSE?
Advancing education in social science methodology is a way to improve the quality of research that strives to understand the inner workings of society. The IPSA-HSE Summer School supports this idea and offers a series of workshops related to one of the cutting-edge techniques in political and social research.
Advantages of the IPSA-HSE School
- Teaching Excellence: The Summer School cooperates with professional instructors and experts who have profound teaching methods and apply them to their research, published in highly ranked journals.
- Variety of Courses: Five courses on modern techniques of social research.
- Graded Certificates: Students may get up to 4 ECTS credits for the IPSA-HSE School. ECTS are given upon successful completion of examination procedures. Otherwise, all students receive certificates of participation (no indication of courses).
- Affordable Prices: The Summer School's mission is to provide affordable education! It offers quality courses at prices lower than most of the methodological schools in the world.
- IPSA - HSE Alumni: Join a vast network of IPSA Schools alumni with hundreds of students and scholars worldwide.
The course overview is the following:
- Basic Statistics and Reporting in R with RStudio / Anna Shirokanova, HSE - St. Petersburg
- Mixed Methods Research / Werner Patzelt, Germany
- Experimental Research in the Social Sciences / Israel Marques II, HSE - Moscow
- Applied Regression / Eduard Ponarin, HSE - St. Petersburg
- Bayesian Statistics / Boris Sokolov, HSE - St. Petersburg
Application Deadline: 31 May 2021
Further Info & Contacts