Job Offer Information
The Department of International Relations at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem seeks to fill a tenure-track position with a focus on the intersection between European Studies and International Relations beginning fall 2019.
This position is open to scholars in all sub-fields of International Relations. Scholars that work on topics related to German foreign policy, German political economy, and German security policies are particularly welcome.
A successful candidate will hold a joint appointment with the Hebrew university’s European Forum and, if relevant, with the Center for German Studies at the Hebrew
Ideal candidates are expected to have a record of publication of innovative and high quality research in top-tier journals and/or books. They are also expected to present a substantial scholarly agenda.
Junior and senior scholars are encouraged to apply. Advanced doctoral candidates are expected to have their dissertation approved no later than October 1st 2019. The language of teaching at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem is Hebrew, though some courses are taught in English. New faculty members are expected to be able to teach in Hebrew within a few years after their arrival.
The committee will begin to review applications on October 2nd, 2018 and will continue to accept applications until October 30th, 2018. Candidates selected by the Department of International Relations will have to compete with candidates from other departments in the Faculty of Social Sciences.
- Applicants a asked to send one file containing:
- A letter of intent stating willingness to begin teaching at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem in the fall of 2019;
- A list of required and elective courses that can be taught at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem;
- A scientific biography outlining research orientation and plans for the coming years;
- A Curriculum Vitae, including teaching experience;
- Copies of up to 3 recent publications (or conference papers);
Three letters of recommendations should be sent directly by the letter writers.
Applications and letters should be sent by mail to Prof. Piki Ish Shalom, Department Chair, email@example.com
Candidates are also encouraged to respond to the European Forum’s call for candidates available here: https://ef.huji.ac.il/book/ef-calls