Leuphana University Lueneburg (foundation under public law), Center for the Study of Democracy (ZDEMO), is offering a post as
(EG 13 TV-L; 75% part time)
starting January 1, 2018, limited until December 31,2019.
The position is open to individuals of all nationalities. The post-holder will be part of a research project “Career Profiles and Political Performance of Prime Ministers in Central and Eastern
Europe” directed by Prof. Dr. Ferdinand Müller-Rommel (Leuphana University) and Prof. Dr.Florian Grotz (Helmut-Schmidt University, HSU Hamburg). The research team will be joined by
another post-doctoral researcher located at HSU. The project is funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG).
Duties of the post:
- Organization of expert interviews in Central and Eastern Europe
- Data collection and sophisticated, advanced data analysis
- Organization of team meetings in Lüneburg and Hamburg
- Participation in project publications
- Completed doctoral thesis in political science
- Advanced skills in quantitative and/or qualitative methods
- Profound knowledge in the fields of political institutions and/or political elites
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Engagement, reliability, organisational skills, and commitment to team working
Leuphana University Lueneburg is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering heterogeneity among its staff. Disabled applicants with equal qualifications will be given priority
consideration. We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Please send your application with the usual documents (motivation letter, CV and certificates) by October 30, 2017 electronically (in a pdf file) or by mail to
Leuphana University Lueneburg
Personalservice, Corinna Schmidt
Subject: PostDoc ZDEMO