Job Offer Information
Description of UZH unit
The Department of Political Science at the University of Zurich (http://www.ipz.uzh.ch) invites applications for a PhD position in the research group of Thomas Widmer, who holds a Professorship in political science with focus on evaluation.
- Development and conduct his or her own PhD project in the area of research of the Professorship
- Participation in the Department’s doctoral program, which offers advanced methodological and substantive training as well as professional development
- Contribution to teaching in the Political Science programs on the BA- and MA-levels
- An MA degree in Political Science or Public Administration (or in a related discipline)
- Strong interest in the fields of public policy, evaluation and Swiss politics
- Solid training in methods (preferably qualitative and quantitative)
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
Good working knowledge of German and English; knowledge of French and/or Italian is an asset
Integration in a leading research group in evaluation studies with highly motivated and engaged team members within a collaborative working atmosphere at the Department
The starting date for the position is August 1, 2018.
Conditional on approval of the PhD proposal by the end of the first year, funding is guaranteed for four years total, with a gross annual salary of about CHF 53,000.
Further inquiries can be directed to Prof. Thomas Widmer (firstname.lastname@example.org). Additional information about the activities of the group is available on the website
Please send your application electronically as one PDF-file comprising your letter of interest, CV, transcripts, a writing sample (e.g. Master thesis), and the contact details of two people willing to serve as a reference to this email address: email@example.com and indicate that your application refers to this particular position with the keyword “Group Widmer”.
The deadline for applications is March 31, 2018