The research group Communication, Media and Politics (KoMePol) at the University of Koblenz-Landau invites applications from excellent researchers who already hold a PhD in the disciplines communication science, psychology or political science (or adjacent disciplines) for visiting research fellowships at the Campus Landau for two to eight weeks.
KoMePol analyses the mediation, perception and processing of politically relevant discourses. Therefore traditional political communication research is complemented by aspects of individual perception and processing of political information as well as communicating via new interactive media. Consequently, researchers from political science, communication science and psychology cooperate closely. KoMePol is funded by the research initiative of Rhineland-Palatinate. For more information about KoMePol visit:
KoMePol Visiting Research Fellows are expected to develop joint research projects/ publications with KoMePol researchers and to offer theoretical/methodological input for KoMePol. Hence, fellows
- will present their research at least once in the context of a KoMePol workshop,
- will be available for bilateral talks with KomePol researchers,
- will prepare a joint project with one or more KoMePol researchers (incl. project schedule, plans for data collection, publication plan) which will be written down during the stay in Landau,
- will be involved in teaching in the university’s bachelor/master programs or in supporting PhD candidates.
Applicants should demonstrate experience and a strong interest in interdisciplinary research regarding one or more disciplines involved in KoMePol. Further, applications must contain an outline of a thematic overlap between the research interests of one or more KoMePol researchers and the applicants’ research interests. The respective KoMePol researchers must be referred to in the application and will function as local research partners.
KoMePol will cover travel costs from/to Landau, accommodation costs and might offer a small budget for research-related expenses (depending on availability).
Applications can be sent to KoMePol at any time. Applications must contain
- a CV,
- an outline of a thematic overlap between the research interests of one or more KoMePol researchers and the applicants’ research interests (with reference to respective KoMePol researchers),
- preferred dates for stay in Landau.
Please send applications till 15 September 2017 as single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org