Job Offer Information
2017-2018 Nominating Committee
Janet Hiebert (CPSA President; Chair, non-voting member; Queen’s University)
Alexandra Dobrowolsky (Saint Mary's University)
Richard Johnston (former CPSA President, University of British Columbia)
Alain Noël (former CPSA President, Université de Montréal)
The Nominating Committee invites nominations for the following positions on the Board of Directors:
▪ Five (5) directors to be elected for a three-year term (2018-2021)
Each nomination requires a nominator, a seconder and the information detailed in section d) below.
Under the current legislation, the membership elects the directors of the Board. Once elected, these directors appoint the officers of the Association (Vice-President,
President, Past-President and Secretary-Treasurer). To preserve the past practices of the Association to the extent possible within the constraints imposed by the legislation,
▪ Members interested in nominating candidates to the position of Vice-President (with possible appointment as President the following year and as Past-President
the year after) to signal their interest on the online nomination form.
▪ Nominees interested in the position of Vice-President (with possible appointment as President the following year and as Past-President the year after) to signal
their interest in the 250-word biographical note.
To be eligible to stand as a candidate for election to the Board and to serve on the Board, a person must be an individual member of the Association in good standing.
A person cannot stand as a candidate for election to the Board or serve on the Board if he or she is a member of the English-language or French-language editorial teams of
As the CPSA is a non-partisan organization and to avoid any appearance of conflict of interest, an individual currently holding an elected office at the federal, provincial or
territorial level (e.g., MP, MLA, MPP, MNA) may not stand as a candidate for election to the Board or serve on the Board.
To nominate a candidate or second a nomination:
a) Go to cpsa-acsp.ca and log into MyCPSA.
b) Click on “2018 Call for Nominations,” then on “Nominator” or “Seconder,” and follow the instructions provided.
c) Once a nomination is completed, the CPSA Secretariat will verify that the nominator, the seconder and the nominee are individual members of the Association in
d) After this verification, the nominee will be notified and required to provide the following information by email:
- A statement of acceptance of the nomination;
- A 250-word (maximum) biography that must include:
o the reasons for accepting to stand for election to the CPSA Board of Directors
o any CPSA appointments, recent activities
o the nominee’s current academic/non-academic appointments
- A picture (standard headshot - see format sample at cpsa-acsp.ca/sample1.html ) and consent for the picture to be posted on the Association website.
Please send this information to the CPSA Secretariat at email@example.com