The Voice of Political Science around the World
Political Science News - Job, Fellowship & Internship Offers
The University of Vienna
21 April, 2017
Reference number: 7381
The Department of Government is looking for an university assistant (post doc) with good knowledge of political behavior (especially of electoral behavior and populism) and of quantitative methods in the Social Sciences.
Duration of employment: 4 year/s
Extent of Employment: 35 hours/week
Job grading in accordance with collective bargaining agreement: §48 VwGr. B1 lit. b (postdoc) with relevant work experience determining the assignment to a particular salary grade.
- Participation in research, teaching and administration
- Key participation in research projects on populism and electoral behavior in Austria
- International publishing and presentation activities
- Project application and (external) fundraising
- Holding classes due to extent regulations of wage agreement
- Examination activities
- Support of students
- Participation in evaluation activities and in quality assurance
- Participation in administration of the institute /department
- Completed PhD in Political Sciences
- Research interest in electoral and political behavior, especially populism
- Excellent knowledge of quantitative methods and statistical analysis of population samples (STATA, R)
- Long-term experience with survey methods
- Excellent or very good skills in English and German
Your application should include the following documents:
- Letter of intent
- Academic curriculum vitae (including a list of publications, a list of courses and a list of talks given)
- Description of research interests and research agenda
- Contact details of reference persons
- Main research field: Political Science
- Special research fields:Political systems;Comparative politics
- Importance: SHOULD
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 02.05.2017, mentioning reference number 7381.
For further information please contact Barta, Julia Maria Theresia +43-1-4277-49730.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.
Human Resources and Gender Equality of the University of Vienna
Reference number: 7381
Facultad de Educación y Ciencias Sociales
Universidad Nacional Micaela Bastidas de Apurímac
28 April, 2017
The Faculty of Education and Social Sciences invites you to run for three positions as a Professor with a start date of May 1, 2017.
Candidates must be graduates in political science or equivalent degree. Candidates must be able to teach Power Theory, International Relations, and Electoral System respectively.
The monthly salary is $1450. Applications should consist of a cover letter, a resume, an example of work and two reference letters.
Requests by email to Carlos Sánchez firstname.lastname@example.org and the Race of Political Science email@example.com before April 28, 2017.
About the Career of Political Science of the University Micaela Bastidas of Apurímac, is one of nine formative careers of Political Science, directed to young people of the region of Apurímac, that is a region with potential tourist and experiential.
About Abancay, is the capital of Apurímac, one of the regions of Peru, is located in the middle of the South Andes. It is three and a half hours from Cusco. Its climate is temperate.