2017 Winter School in Methods and Techniques
The ECPR Methods School continues to innovate. With cutting-edge courses in qualitative and quantitative topics, all delivered by experienced Instructors, it gives young scholars the methodological skills they need to kickstart their career.
Our next event, the 6th Winter School in Methods and Techniques, takes place at Bamberg's Graduate School of Social Sciences, from 3-10 March 2017. The event will be bigger than ever, offering 16 preparatory short courses and 30 main courses.
A lively plenary programme includes 'brown bag' lunchtime lectures and taster sessions to bring methodological cross-fertilisation, chances to strike up new academic partnerships and, of course, to form lasting friendships based on shared interests.
NEW short courses for 2017
- Successful research project management: hands-on tools
- Tools for the analysis of complex social systems: an introduction
- Automated web data collection with R new shorter format
- Introduction to R (entry level) for real beginners
- Introduction to R for beginners with some prior knowledge in command-line programming
- Workflow with SPSS and R
- Vignette methods in interpretive research
NEW main courses for 2017
- Working with concepts in the social sciences
- Linear regression with R/Stata: Estimation, interpretation and presentation
- Researching children and adolescents: Methods and techniques for a special population
- Python programming for social sciences: Collecting, analyzing and presenting social media data new extended format
- Introduction to Process Tracing new entry-level course
- Time Series Analysis
The Winter School complements its sister event, the ECPR Summer School, which takes place in Budapest each July/August. If you completed a course in Budapest this summer, or if you attended the 2016 Winter School in Bamberg, you can extend your studies to an advanced course at Bamberg 2017, and we'll give you a €50 loyalty discount (ECPR Members only).
**Early Bird discount** ECPR Members only
Good news: this year, we've increased the 'Early Bird' period during which you get a €100 discount, from two to four weeks, provided you book AND PAY by 2 November.
More good news: The payment deadline period increases from 15 to 30 days if you register by 18 January. This ensures you have plenty of time to organise the funding you need.
Registrations after 18 January will be subject to an additional late payment fee of €50. We've introduced this fee to encourage people to register early. That way, courses can be confirmed sooner and you're less likely to be disappointed by late cancellations.
Registration runs 5 October 2016 - 18 January 2017
All courses will be confirmed by 11 January 2017