Only members of sister associations presenting a letter of institutional support from their respective association may submit papers (in Portuguese, Spanish or English). The authors should clearly indicate the language in which their work will be presented. In the absence of such an indication, the language in which the proposal was written will be considered that of the presentation at the 10th Meeting. If the paper is accepted, the authors should send the full version in accordance with ABCP standards. Publication of the work in the Meeting’s proceedings will depend on submission of the complete paper as outlined in the timeline. The proposed paper should include:
- An expanded abstract of up to 1,000 words, covering the introduction, objectives, methodology, and results;
- Indication of the Thematic Area to which it belongs (http://www.cienciapolitica.org.br/areas-tematicas/);
- The author's name, institutional affiliation and short CV (max. 1 page). If there are co-authors (maximum 3/three), the same information should be submitted in full.
The paper proposal should be sent to the Office of the Secretary of the event, at the address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Session Proposal
Proposals for a Special Session should estimate 2 hours for the panellists’ presentations and at least 30 minutes for open debate. All proposals for a Special Session should include:
- An abstract of 300 words;
- Each panellist’s short CV (max. 1 page). There must be a minimum of 3, and maximum of 4 panellists;
- The proponent/moderator of the Special Session’s short CV (max. 1 page). Only one person may assume the role of proponent/moderator.
Special Session proposals should be sent to the Office of the Secretary of the event at the address: email@example.com
The submission of proposals both for papers and for Special Sessions should comply with the timeline set out below:
- 15/09/2015 to 30/11/2015 - Submission of paper abstracts
- 15/01/2016 to 01/03/2016 - Submission of proposals for a Special Session
- 01/03/2016 - Notification of paper acceptance
- 16/06/2016 - Notification of Special Session acceptance
- 30/06/2016 - Deadline for full submissions (of individual papers and Special Session members’ papers)
More details on the format of the proposal
The ABCP does not pay air tickets for international participants, except in cases of explicit agreements previously established with sister associations. The ABCP will pay for the accommodation of international speakers during the 10th Meeting up to a maximum of four nights, in twin rooms.
Responsibilities of the Participants
By submitting a paper or a Special Session proposal, the participants agree to the following rules:
All participants who have their work (papers and Special Session proposals) accepted should send to the ABCP the final and complete version as a PDF file. This applies to individual papers and to papers that are part of a Special Session. Submissions should be sent to the Office of the Secretary of the event, at the address: firstname.lastname@example.org
In case of withdrawal, the presenters of work that has already been accepted (papers and Special Session proposals) should inform the Office of the Secretary by 15/07/2016 at: email@example.com