The European Studies Book Award honors the work of talented scholars who have written their first book on any subject in European Studies published within a two-year period.
A multi-disciplinary Book Award Committee appointed by the Council’s Executive Committee will choose the winner. A formal presentation of the award will be conducted at the following International Conference of Europeanists. The winning author will receive $1,000 as well as travel assistance to attend the conference and award ceremony. The winner will also be recognized in CES publications and on our website.
For the 2018 European Studies Book Award competition, each nominated title must meet the following criteria:
- Be the first book written by the nominee in the field of European Studies;
- Be published between October 1, 2015 and September 30, 2017
- Not be a reprint or re-edition of a previously published book
- Be the work of one author only
- The author must be a member of the Council for European Studies or must hold a full-time faculty appointment at an institution that is a member.
Nominations may be submitted by the publisher, author or an admiring colleague, and must be accompanied by seven (7) copies of the nominated title separately mailed to the Council for European Studies and the six members of its Book Award Committee.
Applications and Nominations open July 1, 2017 and are due on or before October 1, 2017.
For more information, please contact CES at: firstname.lastname@example.org