Your privacy is important to the International Political Science Association (IPSA). This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that IPSA collects, and the ways in which IPSA uses that personal information.
Personal information collection
IPSA may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information about your use of IPSA websites;
- Information that you provide for the purpose of registering/subscribing with the IPSA websites (including, but not limited to, online and hard cover publications, academic services, events and memberships);
- Information about transactions carried out over the IPSA websites;
- Any other information that you send to IPSA.
Using personal information
IPSA may use your personal information to:
- Administer its website;
- Personalize the website for you;
- Enable your access to and use of the website services;
- Publish information about you on the website;
- Send you products that you purchase;
- Supply you services that you may purchase;
- Send you statements, invoices, and receipts;
- Collect payments from you; and
- Send you marketing/promotional communications from IPSA or other related institutions.
Where IPSA discloses your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors for these purposes, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be expected to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, IPSA may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Securing your data
- IPSA will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- IPSA will store all the personal information you provide on its servers.
- Trusted third parties may be given access to the information to assist us in operating our website, conduct our business, or service you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
Cross-border data transfers
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available around the world.
You agree to such cross-border transfers of personal information.
Updating this statement
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are familiar with any changes.
This website contains links to other websites.
IPSA is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- by post to:
International Political Science Association (IPSA)
1590, av. Docteur-Penfield, office 331
Montréal (QC) H3G 1C5
Tel: 1 (514) 848 8717
Fax: 1 (514) 848 4095